Reconnect 2021 is designed to support Victorians experiencing disadvantage. The program assists participants to overcome the barriers preventing them from engaging in education, training and employment and provides support into further study or employment pathways.
This program includes a dedicated mentor who will work with you to achieve your work or learning goals. Our tailored approach is designed to suit your needs and provide you with the individualised support you need.
Skills First Reconnect Flyer
Contact us Online
Who is eligible?
- Young people aged between 17 - 19 years, not engaged in Education or training for 6 months or more (less than 8 hours/week)
- Young people (17 to 24 years of age) who have been, or are currently on, Youth Justice Orders.
- Mature participants aged between 20-64 years; Unemployed for six months or more (less than 8 hours per week) and not engaged in education or training
- Asylum Seekers: A person without citizenship but holds a valid: Bridging Visa Class E (BVE); Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV); or Temporary Protection Visa (TPV).
We deliver the Reconnect program in Casey, Hume, Monash and Whittlesea.
Delivered in a partnership of JobCo. Employment Services Inc. and KOTK (Kids off the Kerb).
How we can support you?
The Reconnect program is intended to improve a person's chance of breaking the cycle of disadvantage by creating equity, improving access and increasing choice in pathways through education and employment. At Jobco., we will tailor the program and supports to meet your individual needs.
The Reconnect team can support you with:
- Employment opportunities / Employability skills
- Education/Education pathways
- Counselling and mentoring
- Housing and accommodation services referral
- Mental health support referral
- Foundation skills
- Careers information, planning and advice
- Advocacy and/or referrals to support services such as legal, financial, health and accommodation
For more information contact the JobCo. Reconnect Team:
Ph. (03) 9326 0322 ask for Kim Schubert
Submit an online enquiry Office Locations
Funding for the Reconnect Program is being provided by the Victorian Government, through the Department of Education and Training.